Thursday, May 22, 2014

I Love You Birthday Boy from the Birthday Mommy!

This morning a little boy wriggled up onto my lap and snuggled in.  "I love you Birthday Boy," I said to him.  He replied "I love you more birthday mommy."  Yes, I am the birthday Mommy!  Three years ago today at 8:36 p.m. I gave birth to this tiny blessing we named Gracen.  God used his pregnancy and birth to teach us that children are a blessing and although he was not a part of our plans he was a part of God's. He reminds us to never second guess what God has in store for us and we cannot even begin to imagine our lives without him.  Gracen's name represents God's grace throughout our family journey.
I always say Gracen will make a wonderful husband some day,  if I ever let him leave home that is.  He tells me how much he loves me many times throughout the day and is quickly at my side when I need a helper.  He loves all of his brothers and sisters too and doesn't hesitate to tell them so.  He was a happy baby and is a happy kid.
Gracen LOVES tractors and Uncle Chris, who just happens to be a Combine Mechanic, invited us to visit him at work.  He got to see tractors and combines being worked on and enjoyed seeing the big tools and taking in the noises and activity of the shop.  He got to sit in tractors and even "drove" a big combine with uncle Chris.  It was the perfect day!!
Just look at that smile.  Payton on the other hand looks a bit uneasy about his little brother being behind the wheel!  Thank you to Uncle Chris for a Birthday he will never forget!

Oh...one other great thing about Gracen...he still thinks we hung the moon!  
Happy Birthday my Beautiful Boy!!

Children are a heritage from the Lord,
    offspring a reward from him.
 Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
    are children born in one’s youth.
 Blessed is the man
    whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame
    when they contend with their opponents in court.
Psalm 127:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment