Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Inspired by a Woman of the Word

My Grandma Fransen was known in the nursing home for reading her Bible.  Even after she became very confused, she continued to find comfort in God's Word.  After she died my mother found many certificates that she had earned over the years for reading her Bible cover to cover.  My children were in awe and inspired that someone could read the Bible that many times over.  So in her honor we will read.  Over the next 365 days each member of our family who is able (and some who aren't) will read our Bibles all the way through. 

Each morning before starting our day we plan to read.  We started in the New testament because I thought that is where the kids would find what felt familiar.  There are no complaints in fact there have been many thought provoking questions and some small surprises.  I plan to start a new habit of my own and if they can do it, so can I.  I have to admit that I have never been consistent about reading my Bible.  We will hold each other accountable and my hope is that it will become normal.  I am looking forward to finding comfort daily in God's word just as my Grandma did.

Comfort found in today's Reading: "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself  Each day has enough trouble of its own." Mathew 6:34



No comments:

Post a Comment