Friday, December 12, 2014

Farewell Old Friend

 These two Cottonwoods have towered over our home for as long as anyone can remember.  As a child I played with cousins in their shade, just as my father did before me, and my children after me.  I have listened to the sound of the wind rustling it's leaves, reminding me over and over of laying in the cool sand on hot days on a dune called Grapevine. When I look at these trees they stir up some of my fondest childhood memories.
After a lightning strike five plus years ago, the north tree started to not look as healthy.  It didn't weather well through the ice storm a few years ago and we began to fear that it was a danger to our home and others around us.  So today we say farewell Old Friend...we will miss you!You have been a beautiful part of our lives and God's creation.


No comments:

Post a Comment