Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Truly Thankful

This year my list of things to be thankful for is very very long. So I will pick a few to share. God has blessed us in so many ways.  If you would have asked me five years ago where I thought I would be today and what I thought our family would look like it would be far from this.  God taught us some hard lessons along the way about who is really in control (we learned that it is NOT us).  Those lessons have blessed us.  We learned that life is so much easier when we give up control to a loving Father who knows the plans he has for us and our future.  We are much wiser,  much more at peace, and much more thankful than we were five years ago.  Our marriage is stronger than ever and amongst the chaos of large family life we feel truly blessed and at peace with the journey.
1.  I am thankful for a loving God who cares for me and sent his son to die on the cross because I definitely am a sinner in need of his forgiveness.
2.  I am thankful for our children, all five of whom are blessings from God.
3. I am thankful for my husband who loves us deeply and is a strong spiritual leader in our family.
4.  I am thankful for the adoption of two of our little people and the social workers who cared for them and many other hurting families and children.
5.  I am thankful to their mama who gave birth to them and pray that someday her children will be able to show her Jesus' love and the way to the cross.
6.  I am thankful that God continues to bless us with just enough so that I can be at home with our babies. 
7.  I am thankful for our extended families who have blessed and cared for us in so many ways over the years and continue to have our backs in times of crisis (big or little).
8.  I am thankful that God is leading us on our new homeschool journey and that I get spend so much time with my kiddos.
9.  I am thankful that our children love spending time together.
10.  I am thankful for our church family and the friendships that have been made there.
11. I am thankful for our home that is no stranger to the laughter and love of many children.
12.  I am thankful for Sammy and the love and joy that he brings to our family.


13.  I am thankful for the moments, like when five wild haired kiddos, in their pajamas, climb into bed with us on a Saturday morning for family snuggle time.  Or those moments when we dance our hearts out in the living room and no one really cares that mama can't dance.  On earth it doesn't get much better than this!





***Please share something you are thankful for in the comments...I would love to hear from you!!!
"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
his love endures forever."
 Psalm 107:1

No comments:

Post a Comment